ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Thursday 1 November 2012

Inspired by Nature: Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks






Montagne Jeunesse (literally ‘Mountain Youth’) are a French company who use an array of delicious, sweet-scented and nourishing ingredients to create a range of face masks and skincare products. From lip balms to hair conditioners to all over body moisturisers and even grooming products for men, they have something for everyone.

While I was in my local pharmacy recently I picked up three of their face mask sachets to try out,
Passion Peel Off, Chocolate Masque and Dead Sea Mud Pac (£1.09 each). The first mask I tried was from the ‘Peel Off’ range. Combining pomegranate and passion flower it had a really fruity, invigorating fragrance, by far my favourite of the three. It had a thin, gel like texture with a slightly red/pinky tinge, when I applied it it was almost translucent -completely unlike the lilac colour pictured on the packet! Because it was so thin I was concerned it would just run right off my face but surprising it went tacky almost immediately and stayed in place. It took around 20-25 minutes for the masque to dry enough to start peeling it off, but then it came off easily in large sections. It did leave a slight residue in places but just a quick splash of water solved this problem. After using this masque my skin was left matified and my pores deep cleansed, I think this had the biggest effect on my skin out of all the masks. 

The next two masks were both from the ‘Muds’ range. The first, Chocolate Masque, combines Dead Sea salt, cocoa and Shea butter with Mediterranean clay to create a rich, intensively moisturising mask. It has the most incredibly chocolatety fragrance which lasts from the moment you open the sachet until you rinse it off, I personally really liked this although if you’re not keen on very strong or food-based scents it may not be for you. The mask itself had a very thick consistency that made it challenging to remove from the packet, but once massaged onto the skin it went on smoothly and easily. The only downside for me was the way the mask hardened and cracked as it dried, leading to a slightly uncomfortable, tight feeling after around 10 minutes. The mask was also very messy to remove, it took me longer to rinse off all traces of it than it did to apply. Once removed though my skin felt incredibly soft and moisturised, a feeling that lasted for days afterwards.

My final mask was the Dead Sea Mud Pac. With bergamot, lavender and seaweed it had a lovey fresh smell, much more delicate than the Chocolate Masque. It had a medium consistency and smoothed on easily, I found it didn’t crack as much as the Chocolate Masque as it dried or feel as tight. I used a washable muslin cloth to remove the mask after 15 minutes which really helped to speed the process up and created a lot less mess. As with the other two masks, the Mud Pac left my skin feeling noticeably softer, smoother and hydrated. For anyone who enjoys pampering their skin, I cannot recommend Montagne Jeunesse highly enough. I love the quality and variety of their masques and the inventiveness of their formulations, at just over £1.00 a sachet, you can afford to experiment. I can’t wait to try more of their products. To see their full range visit the Montagne Jeunesse website. Have you tried Montagne Jeunesse masks? What did you think of them?   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...