ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Autumn/Winter Trend: Baroque

First post of 2013! I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far. I actually prepared this post in the run up to Christmas  but due to a severe attack of the flu I never got around to posting it. Even if you don't have much use for a ornate party dress in the middle of January I hope you still enjoying reading about one of my favourite A/W trends: Baroque!

Inspired by the art, architecture and fashion of the 17th century Baroque era this trend is all about drama, opulence and extravagance. Rich hues of black, gold, navy, wine and deep purple in luxury fabrics like jacquard, brocade and velvet with lavish embellishments and embroidery encapsulate the Baroque look. Despite its ornateness Baroque is surprisingly easy to wear, a chic pencil dress with beading detail or a skater dress in a sumptuous embroidered velvet even a pretty stiletto with metal toe cap channel the trend. These are my favourite Baroque-inspired pieces from the highstreet/online:    




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...