ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Wednesday 20 June 2012

My Perfume Collection Part 1: Fragrances



I’ve always loved perfume since I was a little girl. Even a dab of a gorgeous fragrance can lift my mood and leave me feeling more confident and ready to face the world! I don’t have one particular favourite perfume I wear all the time but rather I like experimenting and trying out new ones. I have a relatively small collection of ten or so perfumes at the moment, a real mixture of highstreet, celebrity and designer perfumes; some expensive, some cheap, some tried-and-tested favourites, others bought on a whim. In this the first of two posts about my perfume collection I’d like to briefly introduce each fragrance and tell you a little more about it

One of my all-time favourite perfumes is Kenzo Flower. I must have gone through five or six bottles of this gorgeous fragrance since an aunt first bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago. It’s floral and exotic yet really crisp. I love the bottle too- it looks so sculptural!
 
Another Christmas present, this time from just last year is Ghost Sweetheart. Like the name suggests this perfume is sugary sweet, I like it but a little definitely goes a long way.

A limited edition version of Organza, Givenchy Organza First Light is undoubtedly one of my favourite fragrances ever. Sadly I’ve only ever owned this one bottle as it was discontinued shortly after I bought it. It’s similar to the original Organza but more light and playful, making it perfect for day or evening. 

The next perfume, Donna Karan Cashmere Mist I’d never heard of until I came across it tucked away inconspicuously in a corner of in my local department store and instantly fell in love with it. It’s a wonderfully warm fragrance with subtle floral hints. Whenever I wear it I always get lots of compliments on it.

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely  is another perfume I was bought as a gift years ago and have since worked my way through several more bottles. It’s so delicate and feminine I find myself reaching for it again and again. Even though so-called ‘celebrity’ perfumes are often derided I think this can easily compete with any high-end fragrance.

Dolce & Gabbana The One  oozes glamour and sophistication. I love this perfume for an evening out or a meal at a nice restaurant.


Sean John Unforgivable Woman  is quite different from the type of fragrance I usually go for, and not only because it was created by hip hop star turned clothing designer Sean John “Puff Daddy/P.Diddy” Combs! Influenced by his male fragrance line this perfume has definite masculine characteristics, it’s rich and strong but at the same time has floral notes to add femininity. It may not be for everyone but I really like it.   

Next Just Pink  was bought for me by my friend as part of a lovely gift set. The fragrance is incredibly fresh, sweet and girly- perfect for summer days!

I love Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb not least because of its ingeniously grenade shaped bottle complete with flower pin (mine fell off the first time I opened the box unfortunately). It’s a flowery but with a crisp, modern edge.

Another celebrity perfume I really like is Intimately Beckham. Like Ms. Beckham’s catwalk collections this surprises with just how sophisticated it is. It has a lovely depth to it with multi-layered floral and woody notes.

Finally Dior's Miss Dior Original, a perfume that despite the diminutive name is one of the most mature fragrances I own. Very classic and very chic, this perfume adds instant elegance.

Well that’s it for part 1, if I’ve inspired you to try any of the fragrances I’ve mentioned I’ve included links where you can purchase them online, where possible I’ve tried to find the best available price for each one although I cannot personally verify any of the websites.

Look out for part 2 coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...