ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Saturday 19 May 2012

Where Dinosaurs Meet Design: The Great North Museum

Last week I paid a visit to the former Hancock Museum in Newcastle. The last time I was there my age was still in single figures and most of the interesting stuff was locked away in glass cabinets. I was amazed to see that the museum has been totally revamped and given a sleek contemporary new look. Gone are the pokey rooms I remembered and in their place are huge double height galleries, mezzanines and glass walkways. The old-fashioned display cases have been replaced by life-size model animals, dinosaur fossils, ancient Roman relics and enough interactive exhibits to keep even the most easily distracted kid 20-something entertained. Fortunately the museum allows photography throughout so I was able to take some pictures to share with you, although these by no means capture just how amazing it actually is. If you’re in the area (or even if you’re not!) I highly recommend a visit. Admission is free although there is a charge to visit the planetarium. You can find more information about the museum on the website www.twmuseums.org.uk



Hope you like my photo collage, are there any interesting museums or galleries near you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...