ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Monday 30 April 2012

Bargain Homewares Haul

If you’ve read my blog for a while you’ll know I love interiors and pretty homewares. I think we’re lucky that there are so many stores now that sell stylish household goods for incredibly reasonable prices. Everyone can afford to accessorise their home without spending a fortune. Last week I popped into Ikea and Matalan to pick up a couple of things and while I was there I spotted a few really nice pieces I couldn’t pass up. In total I spent a little over £50, although I think I got a lot for my money and individually everything I bought came in under £12.



   




~ I always use Ikea’s Kassett stationary range of files and boxes to store my paperwork, mail, magazines and other bits and pieces. I bought a pack of two  Ikea ‘Kassett’ White Magazine Files (£3.75 for 2) they look sleek and help keep me organised. 

~ I’ve been looking for a nice frame to showcase some of my photos from my summer trip to Rome I saw this Live, Laugh, Love Frame (£12.00) in Matalan I immediately loved the fun, modern design, and thought it was perfect for my pictures. I chose three of my favourite shots of Roman sites, each with a different colour theme, one blue, one stone/earth and one green. I got the prints themselves at an HP kiosk in my local Tesco’s for less than £1.

~ This Matalan Metal Wall Art ‘Love Home’ Sign (£5.00) was a complete impulse buy –I don’t even know where I’m going to hang it yet- I just loved the design and the unusual metal bow. Because of the neutral colour it will fit with most interior schemes. It’s not uncommon for me to keep home accessories, artwork and linen in storage and occasionally swap things around.  

~ These Ikea ‘Tindra’ Scented Tealights (£1.69 for 36) are much nicer than the regular white kind. They come in three pretty beige shades and have a lovely subtle vanilla fragrance. I also picked up a set of Ikea ‘Tindra Ljuv’ (£2.99 for 3) larger votives, these ones are all desert-themed. The dark brown candle smells like chocolate torte, the beige like caramel panna cotta and the lightest cream like cinnamon rolls. I’ve bought these candles many times before and they’re always great value, they usually burn for around twenty hours each and the glass jar is reusable.

~ I like having plants and flowers around the house but they take time and effort to look after and sometimes only thrive in certain conditions. These strikingly realistic Ikea ‘Fejka’ Artificial Potted Plants (£5.99 each) look so convincing that it took me a while to realise they were actually fake. I chose a couple of different varieties and bought a pair of ‘Skurar’ Off-White Plant Pots (£1.99 each) to put them in. I tied the ribbon around to add a pop of colour.  

~ I love these Vintage Wire Hanging Birdcage Tealight Holders (similar - £8.00 each) from Matalan. You may remember from this post that I got a similar large birdcage for Christmas, when I saw these I thought they would be the perfect complement for it. I was only going to buy one until I noticed how well they worked as a pair. They were only £8 each and I think they look much more expensive. 

Hope you liked my purchases, congratulations for making it to the end of this mammoth post! 


2 comments:

  1. I love the frame you picked from Matalan and your choice of photos. The result is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I loved the design too and for such a great price. I've since bought a second identical frame to hold three more of my photos, I still haven't decided where to hang them though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...