ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Monday 10 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas: A Taste of Christmas...from Ikea?!




























When friends and family visit around Christmastime I like to have drinks and nibbles to offer them. With mince pies, mixed nuts and other seasonal treats abounding the food part is usually very easy, but when it comes to what drinks to serve things can be a little trickier. Mulled Wine and Eggnog are traditional but not everyone drinks alcohol or wants alcoholic drinks in the middle of the day, and tea and coffee can seem a little mundane. So when I spotted these two drinks Glögg Alkoholfri and Glögg Apple (£1.85 each) in Ikea’s Swedish Marketplace I knew they were just what I was looking for. The Glögg Alkoholfri is a non-alcoholic mulled wine, with a rich, spicy flavour. I found I liked it best served warm with a slice of orange. Glögg Apple meanwhile has a lighter, fruiter taste that works well chilled. I’ve been experimenting with dipping the rim of a wine glass in orange juice and then in sugar which has gone down really well with my guests. So if you’re looking for something a little different and memorable to serve this year then I highly recommend these festive drinks from Ikea!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...