ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Sunday 23 October 2011

35 Years of Warehouse + Save 25% Off Your Online Order!


My Warehouse Wish List
Metal Bow Narrow Alice Band
Peter Pan Jumper
Silk Bird Print Dress 
Diamond Oversize Bag
Triple Lock Purse


Warehouse appeared on the British highstreet 35 years ago when it opened its first store in London in 1976 with the aim of making fashion accessible to all. I’ve always found Warehouse great for quality fashion staples as well as the occasional stand-out piece. A few years ago a large portion of my wardrobe came from them, however I’ve found recently their sizing has grown increasingly erratic and the stores can be a little drab and uninspiring.

I was tempted back to Warehouse when I saw a 25% off promotion advertised in the November edition of Elle magazine. The Warehouse website is well laid out with clothes grouped into clearly defined categories as well as by trend and occasion. True to form their basics were great –just as simple and chic as I remembered. I was also really impressed by the way they’ve updated their collections with a lot of more adventurous fashion pieces. The website showcased an absolutely stunning range of dresses from casual day dresses to elegant evening dresses to fun party dresses -perfect for the festive season!

Soon I had compiled a lengthy wish list of items. I narrowed it down to a few pieces and added them to my basket. I was disappointed that half way through the checkout I was told several of them weren’t available and were removed from the order. Because I spent over £75 I qualified for free next day delivery (normally £4.99), so I had my parcel before lunch time the very next day- an unexpected bonus! Everything was really well packaged, either neatly folded in individual bags or delivered hanging with a plastic cover. I was impressed that even the belt buckle on a skirt I ordered had been carefully wrapped in tissue paper.  

The appearance and quality of the two dresses and skirt I ordered was excellent, fabrics felt luxurious and hung beautifully and little finishing touches like brass buttons or exposed zips were lovely, but once again inconsistent sizing let the clothes down. One dress, a stunning pale pink lace shift –very Jackie O!- fit snuggly, yet the silk bird print dress I had ordered in the same size totally hung off me, leaving me unsure whether to risk alterations or simply return, a shame as I absolutely loved everything I ordered.

If you want to try Warehouse out for yourself use the promotional code BIRTHDAY3 online at Warehouse.co.uk  to receive 25% off until 13th November 2011. To claim the discount in store look for the voucher in the November issue of Elle magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...